All proposed land divisions, except those exempted in accordance with Sections 14.02-2(d) and (e), shall be subject to the affected town and County review and approval in which the town and County shall approve, approve with conditions and/or deed restrictions, or reject proposed plats and certified survey maps.
(a) Subdivision. Any division of land within the unincorporated areas of the County that results in a subdivision as defined in Section XI shall be, and any other division of land may be, surveyed and a plat of such division approved and recorded pursuant to the provisions of Section V of this Ordinance and Chapter 236 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
(b) Minor Land Division. Any division of land within the unincorporated areas of the County that results in a minor land division as defined in Section XI shall be surveyed, and a certified survey map of such division approved and recorded as required by Section VI of this Ordinance and Chapter 236 of the Statutes.
(c) Condominiums. Any development within the unincorporated areas of the County that creates a condominium as defined in Section XI shall be surveyed and a condominium plat thereof approved and recorded pursuant to the provisions of Section 14.03-10 of this Ordinance and Chapter 703 of the Statutes. Any condominium that creates a new lot, parcel, or outlot shall also comply with the requirements of Chapter 236 of the Statutes and the requirements of this Ordinance as applicable to land divisions. It is the express intent of this Ordinance to regulate condominiums having one or more principal structures on any parcel or lot, except condominium conversions in existing structures where no additional units are being developed, provided such conversions comply with Chapter 703 of the Statutes. In no case shall the maximum number of units in a condominium exceed the maximum number of residential lots or dwelling units the same parcel or lot could have accommodated under the County zoning ordinance if the parcel or lot had been conventionally divided or developed.
(d) The Provisions of this Ordinance, as it applies to divisions of tracts of land into less than5 parcels or lots, shall not apply to:
(1) Transfer of interest in land by will or pursuant to court order.
(2) Leases for a term not to exceed 10 years, mortgages, or easements.
(3) Sale or exchange of parcels of land between owners of adjoining property, subject to County review and approval for compliance with the standards in this Ordinance and County zoning requirements, if additional lots are not thereby created and the lots resulting are not reduced below the minimum size required by these regulations, the County zoning ordinance, or other applicable laws or ordinances.
(e) All of the Following Specific Uses and activities are exempted from this Ordinance:
(1) Cemetery plats made under Section 157.07 of the Wisconsin Statutes.
(2) Assessors’ plats made under Section 70.27 of the Statutes; however, assessors’ plats shall comply with Sections 236.151(1)(a) to (g), and 236.20(1) and (2)(a) to (e) of the Statutes, unless waived under Section 236.20(2)(L).
(3) Public transportation project plats made under Section 84.095 of the Statutes.
(4) Sale or exchange of parcels of public utilities or railway rights-of-way to adjoining property owners if the town board and the County zoning committee approve such sale or exchange on the basis of applicable local and County ordinances or the provisions of Chapter 236 of the Statutes. [Code § 14.02-2, 2018.]